Wednesday, January 03, 2007

How not to get 'chhapak'-ed in someone else' Bday!!


The story dates back to my undergrad days... Wow what days!! anyway, so there was this kick-ass attitude shown by all fellow ppl in hostel for one poor soul who used to be unfortunately born on that day... it used to be just kicks.. or sometimes a bucket full of water AND kicks...


So this is a ritual in ISB to dunk, and what happens is this..
1. Get the guy
2. All follow him till pool
3. 5 ppl carry him, and make like a jhoola
4. Throw him in the pool
5. Catch anyone else in vicinity who seems vulnerable, and repeat steps 1-4

Now to my great fortune, every time the section mail came for someone's bday I'd be -
a. Having a nice sleep
b. Gone to my friends place
c. Both!!

So that's one of the ways destiny helps you with avoiding dunking...
BUt I have been to some dunkings and here is what I have observed about ppl who are always left undunked..
--> Take the centerstage, and be the dunker... Offence is the single best defence...
--> If someone tries to make brouhaha abt u, catch that guy and throw him/her into the pool.. Na rahega baas... ;-)
--> Be stone drunk... So that even if you ARE drunk you don't feel it.. Ultimately our aim here is not to feel that 'cold'th in the night...
--> Make sure lot of unknown faces are present so that you try to mingle with them, and in doing so lose touch with potentials who can throw u... and please make it natural...

Disclaimer: These are 1-time strategies... Also since its a public blog, I am removing any comp advantage from the market!! :-)

Happy Dunking to all...

PS: Next time... "Argumentative Indians: Quad J -1 to 4, ISB, Gachibowli, Hyderabad"

4 Comments:

At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog a day....good going.... :)

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Nissim said...

Anon...
Thanks...

Ping me if you are what I think you are!! :)

 
At 2:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean who I hope, not 'what'...
:)
I would hate to be an inanimate object...they have no social life :)

 
At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops.. guess sleep got the worst of me.. :)... ok Anon. will take care..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home