Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lateral thinking - I

This is my first blog after I joined ISB. This is a great place and I got myself well acquainted with my quadies (people who stay with you in your quad), and group mates, slightly acquainted with people of my community service group, and shook hands with a lot of section mates, party animals and whoever-was-standing-in-the-darn-admission-queue-near-me. That's as far as networking works for me.

I was never good at meeting and talking to new people. The way my parents pushed me (yeah physically) to get ahead and shake hands could change my nature, but my genes won't give in. So in short this ISB experience was HORRIBLE for me. I mean, c'mon guys, you cannot physically remember 431 people like that!! Or you'd rather be at MIT, with disheveled hair, test-tube in one hand, note book in another and crying "eureka!! No of people I know is inversely proportional to the gravitational constant G times electron mass of hydrogen atom"... or something like that.

That said, a lot of people do know you if you do some jigs like organize parties, some cult activity and general stuff that makes you interesting in people's (especially dames') eyes. For nerds(like me), creating some freaking document to make people use BBs also works, but in a weird sort of way. Try this only if you are not very eager to make a impression of "Yo! Babe look at me. I am the BB guy". Nah, it doesn't work that way. My advice - try getting stoned and dance in a party instead!

According to one of the innumerable gyaan received from the alums was that to succeed in MBA you spend a lot of time either room-bound or outbound, meaning that you either crack acads or crack people mad. Either ways you are making your way to that dream job you have had nightmares about losing out on. Former is easier for nerds/geeks who think that knowledge is all about cramming things up, puking them all over your answer sheet in a way that the prof goes "wow" and you breeze through the terms with amazing grades. Latter is something that should be tried under strict supervision of experienced professionals (read: all those guys you see just throwing gas at everyone else).

In the end, a lot of things to learn at ISB. Its a reincarnation of sorts, and while I am at it, "Yo! dude BB is cooooool".

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cool Man,

Welcome to bloggers club. Keep writing :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home